Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Creating posters for my classroom

When I started teaching, I was okay with fairly blank walls (or putting up the left over posters from the teacher before me). These days, with some prodding from my administration, I do a lot more with visual imagery and try to design posters myself.

Last year, I took a look at Piktochart to create some infographics, but didn't find the interface easy enough to use for my purposes. Eventually, I just created posters in MacOS's Pages, which does a much better job of page layout than Microsoft Word.  Here's an example:


(Yes, I try to do that rap in class when possible...) In the middle of last year, I used one of the many meme generator sites (memegenerator.net) to create some images (but sadly haven't put them up yet).


Recently, as I've looked to put more inspirational posters up in my classroom, I have taken my wife's suggestion to use Canva. It takes a while to get used to the interface (especially when adding text) and there's a lot of stuff you can pay for, but I like the results. Here's what I created today: 




No comments:

Post a Comment