Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Setting up my own memes in Quizizz

This past year, I started using Quizizz for the first time. I had been using Kahoot! for a few years, but I did like bringing in Quizizz for a couple of reasons:
  1.  The students liked a change of pace from Kahoot! and really appreciated the avatars.
  2. I liked that students were answering different questions at different times.
  3. I was able to walk around when students were done and see accuracy rates for different students (and even use those for motivation --- "The high score in 1st period was 83%. Let's see if someone can beat that!")
When Quizizz rolled out their meme creation interface, I decided to make my own for my quizzes. (Quizizz posts a meme after every answer submitted.) You can see some of the results below or find all the memes here. I tried to do some personalization (so my name or our school name appears sometimes) and emphasize that incorrect answers mean you just have to try again, learning from your mistakes.

Memes for correct answers on the left, for incorrect answers on the right

You can see I mention myself and our mascot (the Ridgewood Raiders)
It's a clever idea, but I'm not sure how much impact it had on my students. One issue I did have is that these images took longer to load than the standard Quizizz memes, so often a new question would start before a student saw the meme. However, I did get some students reacting to the memes and one who asked if I really was giving money for correct answers (as seen below):


Sadly, I did not pay the student.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Raider-rific one. Something about the idea that the entire school cares about your academic success . . .

    ReplyDelete