Monday, June 27, 2016

Starting in on interactive notebooks

This fall, all of our core classes will be using interactive notebooks (after a pilot project in our science classes).  For someone who loves working digitally, working with paper (and glue and tape and scissors) will be a challenge, but I like the idea of students of creating a resource they can use again and again.

To help me out, I've started a Pinterest board to help me keep track of ideas. (You can find the board at Interactive notebooks for 6th grade math --- image below.) So far, I have really appreciated the coverage at http://everybodyisageniusblog.blogspot.com/p/interactive-notebooks.html --- the author has a great sense of organization, both on the notebook level and the classroom level.


Finally, a wonderful video on making glue sponges! (Because I really don't want to handle glue sticks or bottles for all of my 6th graders....)



No comments:

Post a Comment