Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Google Forms now supports quizzes!

Yes, yes, yes! Thanks to a post from Richard Byrne I learned that Google Forms now support quizzes. (You can find the official announcement here. ) I have some images from a test quiz I created below, but here are my quick takeaways:
  • The response summary page shows the most missed questions (below 50%) and now shows multiple choice responses as a bar graph instead of a pie chart.
  • You see student scores next to their email addresses.
  • You get a median, average, and range of scores.
  • If you store responses in a Google Sheet, the score is passed to that sheet.
  • You can still collect short answer responses that are ungraded --- they will still be passed to the Google Sheet.
  • There's an option where you can release scores later after your review.
  • You can give feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
In short, this is what Google Forms has needed for education for a long time. I'm looking forward to using this in my classes!

What a student sees after submission

Some basic statistical information about the quiz

Student and question breakdowns

No comments:

Post a Comment